What to do in case of a flood/water loss:
- Immediately phone a certified restoration company such as ServiceMaster of Victoria Disaster Restoration
- Remove as much of the water as possible by mopping and blotting
- Remove wet area rugs or other floor coverings
- Lift draperies off the floor, loop through a coat hanger and place the hanger on the drapery rod
- Wipe furniture, prop up wet furniture cushions for even drying and place aluminum foil under furniture legs.
- Move photos, paintings and art objects to a safe, dry location
- Do not remove books from shelves; rather pack them tightly to prevent warping of pages until a restoration professional can begin this specialized drying
- Open drawers, closet and cabinet doors to enhance drying
What not to do:
- Do not enter a room with standing water until the electricity has been turned off
- Do not use a regular household vacuum to remove water
- Do not lift tacked down carpet without professional help
- Do not use electrical appliances while on a wet carpet or flooring
- Do not disturb visible mould
Contact ServiceMaster of Victoria Disaster Restoration today.